United Prosthetics, Inc. can provide a full range of physician prescribed orthotics including both custom fabricated and custom fit devices. Through an evaluation with one of our American Board for Certification (ABC) certified orthotists a course of action will be decided on that will take into consideration the goals of the physician, physical therapist, and most importantly you – the patient. We will present and discuss all of the appropriate options available to you to ensure that a device is chosen that will most successfully restore function, allow independence, and enhance your lifestyle.
There are many conditions that may necessitate the use of an orthotic device. Some of the more common conditions are listed below:
- Musculoskeletal Conditions – scoliosis, plantar faciitis, congenital abnormalities, arthritis, tendon rupture, cancer, fractures or other trauma.
- Neuromuscular Conditions – stroke (CVA), multiple sclerosis (MS), diabetes, cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury.
- Post-surgical conditions – includes support or immobilization of anatomy resulting from fractures and/or tendon and ligament repair.
Each of these conditions can be accompanied by several symptoms that are treatable through the use of an orthosis. Again there are many. But some of the more commonly treated symptoms are: hemiplegia, foot drop, lower limb instabilities, leg length discrepancies, chronic neck and back pain, and discomfort or pain due to trauma or surgery.
Despite the many scenarios that may require an orthosis the goals remain the same: to provide added support to the patients existing anatomy, to promote proper alignment of the body’s skeletal structure, to correct or prevent deformity, to allow for increased function, or decrease pain and discomfort.
United Prosthetics is capable of providing Orthotic services which include:
- Custom Fabricated AFO
- Custom Fabricated KAFO
- Stance Control AFO
- Spinal Bracing: LSO, TLSO
- Custom Arch Supports (dress and sport orthotics)
- Static / Dynamic / Progressive Orthotics
- Sports Bracing
- Cervical Orthotics
- Lower and Upper Extremity Orthotics
- Post-Operative Bracing
- Fracture Bracing
- Custom Shoe Work